- Scrutiny and usage of personal information: Item
will be rented only after scrutiny of borrower. Borrower will be asked
to provide identification details and in a few cases, a nominal deposit
fee for rented items. We also share information with a private detective
agency and rent only when we get their opinion, especially when the
equipment value is high. WE DO NOT ACCEPT DEPOSITS and we need such
measures to minimize our risk. Of course, for the honest borrowers, we
promise, the whole thing will be a cakewalk.
- Life ban for misuse: Submission of incorrect
personal information, a personal history of abusing our system,
incorrect usage of our equipment, etc could lead to a life-ban from any
and all of the services provided by Tapprs Ventures India Pvt Ltd.
- Borrower’s responsibility: Borrower has to assume
full responsibility to return items in same condition. Damage or loss of
equipment during the rental period is entirely the borrower’s
responsibility once the equipment is received. Please check the
equipment properly when you receive it.
- Equipment loss: In the event of loss of equipment,
customer agrees to pay the replacement cost of the equipment to Tapprs
Ventures India Pvt Ltd. Alternatively, the customer could choose to
replace the item on his/her own. If the item is out of stock or
unavailable, Tapprs has the right to levy an appropriate charge.
- Equipment damage: In the event of damage to equipment, customer agrees to pay actual repair costs as incurred at a service center.
Bills for the repair will be provided. In the event that customer
claims the equipment failed on its own rather than was damaged, the
report of the service center will be considered binding concerning
equipment failure or damage. If the repair center says wear and
tear or due to regular usage, we bear the expense. Else, the customer
pays for it. Water, sand, fire induced damages and those arising out of
negligence on the part of the customer are ALWAYS borne by customer. If
the item is damaged beyond repair, the item will have to be replaced.
Alternatively, a replacement value as assessed by us will be charged.
Loss of rental for the period will be charged at rates mentioned for
regular rentals on our site.
- Missing or damaged accessories: If any accessory
that was provided with the equipment is missing or damaged, the
accessory has to be replaced (new only) by the customer. Else we will
charge you the price of a new accessory plus a 10% of cost as fine. If
the accessory is not available, it is the discretion of Tapprs Ventures
India Pvt Ltd to levy an appropriate fine.
- Default on return: No Show on dates of return & not answering calls will be charged at twice the daily rental rate for no-show days irrespective of reasons except critical medical emergencies.
- Loss due to failure of equipment: In spite of our
best efforts to maintain equipment in excellent condition, it is
entirely possible that the rented equipment could fail. In such
situations, we accept no responsibility whatsoever for any loss you may
- Usage: All items listed here are for normal use only. Usage under extreme conditions is prohibited!
- Ownership of equipment at all times remains with Tapprs Ventures India Pvt Ltd.
- Cancellation: We do not charge any fee for cancellation if you cancel before 7 days of rental start date. Post that, cancellation fee of 1 days rental is charged.
- Loss, theft and fraud: If item is not received back
even after 72 hours after rental end time and customer is not reachable
and /or if we figure out that any of the details are fudged, we will be
forced to initiate recovery proceedings including handing over the case
to our legal & recovery advisors. A FIR will be filed and case will
be handed over to cyber crime. A 420 case will be booked. Also services
of a private investigator will be used to track down the customer and
the equipment in resale markets / forums using serial number. Loss of
item along with details of the renter and his photo with us will be
published on our site, Facebook page, Twitter, other networks and media
including newspapers if we deem that necessary.